Autzen Stadium, home of the Oregon Ducks football team, with a maximum capacity of only 54,000, is one of the loudest stadiums in college football. It’s a place you’ll hear long before you’ll see, but boy is it a sight.
Crowd noise hit 127 decibels back in 2007 when the USC Trojans came to town. This level was loud enough that fans started to experience pain in their ears. Crazy right? Don’t let this scare you away. Game day in Eugene is one to experience for any die-hard college football fan. Maybe just bring some earplugs for the little ones!
Here are Tailgater Concierge’s top 3 tips to having a successful game day at Oregon’s Autzen stadium:
Step 1: Purchase your game tickets as early as possible to get the best seats!
- Game tickets for Oregon Ducks can be purchased from the Ticket Office online here or by calling 541-346-4461
Step 2: Determine how you are going to get to the stadium, you have many options:
- Hotel Shuttles: Luckily, a lot of hotels in Eugene provide shuttle services to the stadium on game days. Make sure to ask about this service when you reserve and again at check-in.
- Park & Ride Lots: See this website for more information on lot locations.
- Ride Share: Both Uber and Lyft provide service in Eugene. Note that they have limited drop-off/pick-up locations.
- Parking Lots:
- All football parking lots will open 6-hours prior to kick-off, that’s right – 6 HOURS – how awesome is that for all the big tailgaters out there!
- Most of the parking lots immediately surrounding the stadium do not offer same day parking. These lots typically have parking passes that are pre-allocated to donors.
- We love parking at the Eugene Science Center. It is right across the street from the stadium and you are helping to support an amazing public venue. You can find more information here.
- You can also look to support the local organizations like the Boy Scouts by purchasing parking from Troop 100. Click here for their details.
Step 3: Map out your pregame experience – whether that be purchasing a ticket to a tailgate party or hosting your own tailgate. You want to have a plan!
- If you’ve decided to host your own tailgate, check out this blog on tips on how to have a successful pre-game tailgate.
A few extra pieces of advice when visiting Eugene:
- The University of Oregon has stopped the in and out policy at Autzen stadium. Once you go into the game, you will not be allowed re-entry.
- There is minimal food and beverage sold outside of Autzen stadium. If you and your friends/family plan on heading to the stadium early to walk around and enjoy the scene, be sure to bring snacks and beverages to tide you over until you get inside.
- As noted above, all parking lots will be opened 6-hours prior to kick-off, though the earliest they will open is 7 a.m. There will likely still be a long line of cars waiting to get in to set-up their tailgates!
- Like many stadiums, Autzen has adopted the clear bag policy. See more details here.
Feel free to reach out to our Tailgater Concierge team if you have any additional questions about tailgating at Autzen Stadium.